18 November, 2020
Sanitary Control Protocol for Aeronautical operations
Actions on Arrivals...
- From January 1, 2021 all international travelers arriving to Cuba muts present a certificate with a negative result of an RT-PCR for SARS COV-2. This certificate must be issued by a certificated laboratory in the contry of origin and carried aut in a period of 72 Hours before the arrival in Cuba.
This measure is without prejudice to the higienic and sanitary measures already implemented in the country's borders.
- Travelers must sign an affidavit of health status form and deliver it to the health authority.
- Travelers must bring a health insurance that covers COVID-19 or purchase it at the airport, for a cost of 30 USD.
- Body temperature check & health status interview will be performed by nurses. Passengers detected with any sign or symptom of a transmission disease, will be evaluated by a doctor in a Temporary Isolation Room and remitted as a non-specific syndrome for a health institution in medical transport.
- RT-PCR will be done to all travelers on the airport, informing the result on 48h. Five days after arrival, a reconfirmation second PCR test will be done, now at the staying destination.
Other have-to measures...
- The use of face mask is mandatory for all travelers inside the airport, and during first days of staying in Cuba, until they receive the confirmation of COVID Non-infected result after second PCR test.
- Maintain physical distance of 1.5m between each person in the checkin areas, passenger control, public areas and lines, is also recquired.
- All cargo and luggage, including hand luggage will be disinfected according to Public Health procedures.
Stays in Cuba...
- For individual tourism travelers and Cuban residents or not, it is mandatory to carry out a “quarantine” period of 6 nights and 7 days; Except for those who arrive through the airports of Havana and Santiago de Cuba, which will remain isolated for a period of 5 nights and 6 days.
- Cuban authorities have to be kipt informed about the different destinations where travelers will be staying.
- To guarantee social isolation, travelers will have them movements restricted and must stay at them accommodation avoiding mass events, until they have the confirmation of COVID-19 Non-infected result after RT-PCR test.
- Only duly identified passengers are allowed to enter the airport properly wearing the face mask and their luggages.
- Temperature control will be carried out.
- Travelers with respiratory symptoms will not be allowed to beard a plane, being remitted to a health institution.
12 April, 2021
CUBAN NEWS COVID-19
CUBA reports about the development of phase III clinical trials and intervention studies of Soberana 02 and Abdala vaccines,which are among the vaccines being developed in the world in stage III of trials. SOBERANA 02 PHASE III CLINICAL TRIAL: Total subjects to be vaccineated: ...
24 July, 2020
protocol of sanitary measures in tourism against covid-19
The tourism sector in Cuba faces a new paradigm in which travel agencies must be prepared to think and act on safety and hygiene, to minimize the risk of contagion with SARS-COV-2, a virus that causes COVID-19 disease, which has hit our country and the world in a widespread way.In this sense, a group ...