28 July, 2021
HEALTH PROTOCOLS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVELERS
Cuba establish new measures for the sanitary control of international travelers from abroad due to the increase in the rates of contagion by Covid-19.
For all categories of international travelers:
- To travel to Cuba, it is mandatory to have a negative result of the RT-PCR diagnostic test for COVID-19, carried out 72 hours before the trip, and certified by a laboratory in your country of origin.
- You must have an insurance policy that covers COVID-19.
- The use of the mask is mandatory in the entire country, and in the common areas of the hotel´s facility.
- If you need to carry-up with you a result of an RT-PCR test when you return to your country of origin, you can request it from the medical staff of the hotel. Payment for this test will be made by magnetic card.
ORGANIZED TOURISM (TOURIST PACKAGES)
Consisting of a trip booked through a tour operator or travel agency, which includes accommodation and transportation as a whole; and other services requested by the client.
- At the arrival airport, you will be tested RT-PCR, and you will be transferred to your accommodation hotel, where you will obtain the result within 24 hours.
- After having a negative test result, you can enjoy your travel plans.
INDIVIDUAL TOURISM: FOREIGN VISITORS AND CUBAN RESIDENTS AND NON-RESIDENTS
By individual tourism is understood that type of tourism that is organized by the person who is going to make the trip.
- For this category of travelers and Cuban residents or not, it is mandatory to fulfill a “quarantine” period of 6 nights and 7 days; except for those who arrive through the airports of Havana and Santiago de Cuba, which will remain isolated for a period of 5 nights and 6 days.
- An RT-PCR test will be realized at the arrival airport and a second test on the sixth day, at the isolation hotel; or on the fifth day in the case of travelers arriving through Havana or Santiago de Cuba.
- You will receive the result of this second test within 24 hours. If it is negative, you will be able to fulfill your travel plans and / or reunite with your family in Cuba.
- In order to book an isolation package (hotel reservation and airport-hotel transfer), you must make your request through the travel agencies that sell the destination Cuba. All international travelers arriving in the country, must travel with this isolation packages already reserved.
- Upon arrival at the accommodation facility, you must remain in your room in isolation.
ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR CUBA RESIDENT TRAVELERS ARRIVING THROUGH VARADERO AND CAYO COCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS
- Cuban travelers arriving through these airports will isolate themselves in the province of arrival, for the stipulated term of 6 nights and 7 days.
- The return transportation to their provinces of residence from the facility where they fulfilled their isolation period, must be assumed by each traveler, in the transports available for it, according to current rates.
ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR CUBA RESIDENT TRAVELERS ARRIVING THROUGH THE AIRPORTS OF HAVANA AND SANTIAGO DE CUBA
- For these travelers the stay in isolation centers is kept free of charge, for 5 nights and 6 days.
- The expenses for transportation services, from the airport to the isolation center and then back to their area of ??residence, must be assumed by the travelers themselves, according to current rates and including overweight luggage.
12 April, 2021
CUBAN NEWS COVID-19
CUBA reports about the development of phase III clinical trials and intervention studies of Soberana 02 and Abdala vaccines,which are among the vaccines being developed in the world in stage III of trials. SOBERANA 02 PHASE III CLINICAL TRIAL: Total subjects to be vaccineated: ...
24 July, 2020
protocol of sanitary measures in tourism against covid-19
The tourism sector in Cuba faces a new paradigm in which travel agencies must be prepared to think and act on safety and hygiene, to minimize the risk of contagion with SARS-COV-2, a virus that causes COVID-19 disease, which has hit our country and the world in a widespread way.In this sense, a group ...